In the pink corner: The GHD'S.
What made me buy them?
The colour to be quite frank, I love pink. These beauties are hot pink and limited edition, so I thought id better grab a pair before it was too late.
I was looking for a new pair of straighteners..and was unsure what to buy, I had been looking at ghds for along time, debating weather to get them or not.
I have had so many straighteners in the past....6 in total.
The pair that i currently had was a basic pair of Remington's, they had a heat controller and was great, but the smells coming form the plates started to put me off, I burnt them with all the hair products i use!
I had my eyes on the babyliss pro 230 radiance, which had some great reviews.
So i was stuck on what to choose, My final decision was this: ghds are a great trust worthy brand, if i buy these, il have them along time,
with the babyliss, I didn't know how long they would last before they broke, and they arnt cheap.
Loads of people i know have ghds, and they've lasted for a good few years.
How much did they cost?
£135 - yeah ALOT! I got a box, three ghd lip glosses a how to DVD and some ghd heat protection with them though.
Where did I buy them?
A hair dressers in my town.
They are awesome, BUT, after having them a few months Ive realised how bad they are for my hair. They are really hot,which is a big no no.
No matter what heat protection I use, I still think its destroying my hair.
It doesn't have a heat controller, so its set at 200 C I believe, altho somewhere i read its a massive 320 C! Waay to hot.
They would be fab if they had a control temperature.
The final result is great, but I'm thinking of my hair in the long run!
My Final thoughts:
- They look pretty the colour the style, everything
- The plates are smooth, making it easier to glide down the hair
- The on/off switch is inside so your not switching it buy mistake whilst straightening
- Heats up in just 60 seconds
- There hard wearing, you know they wont break anytime soon, even if they do your guaranteed
- The temperature is too hot! they need a temp control
- They are abit pricey
In the Blue corner: The Remington's
What made me buy them?
Well, if you have read the last paragraph you'd know, the ghds are ruining my hair big time.
I heard some fantastic reviews of these straighteners, so thought id try them out.
How much did they cost & where did I biy them?
I was very lucky and bought them for £40 at Argos, they had a sale that weekend,they normally retail at around £60-70
I have been using them for about 3 months now.
My hair has felt so much more shiny and soft, I have been setting them to about 190c, as anything lower doesn't really straighten.
It does exactly what it says, adds shine! Thanks to the Combination of shine enhancing vitamins E and Avocado.
I have finally found the perfect straighteners! Whey!
- They have temp control
- Reasonably priced
- they heat up in 15 seconds- world breaking time right?
- They have vitamin E and avocodo to add shine to your hair
- There easy to handle
- they have a lock, that shuts the plates together when off, perfect for travelling
- after 60 mins they shut done, safety first people!
- They make your hair smoooooooth
- They just do the job brilliantly.
- They have a 5 year guarantee
- The control Buttons are in a awkward place, so when styling you tend to make the temperature go up or down, so annoying!
And that's all I can think of!
I hope this review helped for those looking for a new straightener!